Friday, September 18, 2015

Getting into the groove of the MTC

A lot of Jeff's emails had answers to questions we sent to him, so I will includes some of our messages to him as well...

Mom and Dad,



    
(From My letter: It was so great to receive your emails this week.  They were perfectly what we needed to hear.  I am so glad that you have a great first companion, it makes a huge difference to have someone you click with.)


It definitely does make a difference, I feel really comfortable around him. They want to know if we are related to Benjamin F. Johnson, because if so, then we might be related! How insane would that be?

    
(Definitely related!  We are directly related to Benjamin F. Johnson's brother Joseph Ellis Johnson) 


That is good to hear I pray about you a lot too.  I know though, as I forget about the worries of the world that I will be blessed and strengthened by the Lord.  I know that I just need to get lost in the Lord's work, and as I do that I won't allow for doubt or anything to enter into my mind.  I was reading in Preach my Gospel yesterday and I read something that said to not allow impure thoughts, doubts or any other negative thing enter the stage in your mind.  Never allow for the stage to be left empty, because that allows for these thoughts to creep in.

    
(I love that you are planting the scripture in all the stalls.  That makes me laugh every time I think of it!  You are awesome!  Let me know if you hear any feedback from that. (Jeff is putting the scripture Alma 60:7 in the bathroom stalls))


Haha! It's sooooo funny!! Everyone in our district found out that it was me and they thought it was one of the funniest things they have ever read!  The first one stayed on for almost an entire week moving from stall to stall!

    
(How are you liking the MTC?  Is the food still pretty good?  You getting into the rhythm of the classes and the missionary routine?  What has been you most spiritual experience so far?  How are you liking your companion/teachers/branch president?) 


Playing PIG with Elder Osborne
Brother Packer
The MTC is great! The food is decent, but not too bad!  It is definitely tough but my instructors Brother Packer, Brother Birell and Brother Sherman have helped a ton with the language and recognizing the Spirit for personal revelation.  I'm getting into the routine pretty well.  My most spiritual so far has definitely been when I found out why I went through what I did with my friends.  My companion is soo funny and my district is awesome, we played P.I.G with a paper ball and a trash can, Elder Osborne bounced it off my head into the trash can getting one of the other Elders out.  I bought a sketch book and started drawing both spiritual things and cartoons about the crazy stuff all the Elders do around the dorm and at home.    
Elder Birrell

 
Brother Sherman

 Iataia bwa e koaua te ekaretia aio.  Iataia bwe a tangiraira Iesu Kristo ao Te Atua.  I ataia bwe E tataro n te buokonikai Iotebwa Timitii.  Ti kona maeka ma te Atua.  N aran Iesu Kristo amen. 
I know that as I am obedient to the Lord's commandments I will be blessed, and to have you give me away to the Lord for two years he will bless your lives more then you know.  Search for the tender mercies in your every day life and your faith in the Lord will increase. 

Love your Son, 
Elder Johnson
P.S.  You should find out why my friends haven't been writing! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment