Thursday, October 22, 2015

First Message From Tarawa



Jeff was able to send us a quick note letting us know he had arrived safely. 

Hey everyone,
My trip was awesome, it was a long flight, a little scary at times,
(turbulence, and we cut it a little close in FIji) but I'm here, I'm
safe, I'll be able to email more on p-day but, the humidity is brutal!
The president and all the missionaries are amazing and the people are
so nice and friendly. It is beautiful here! goodbye for now!

Love,
Elder Johnson

From Mom and Dad-

Heartbroken happiness. Jeff is en route to Tarawa, Kiribati. It was tough to talk to him today knowing that he was scared about how his life is going to change over the next couple years. The dad in me wanted to go with him and protect him from any struggle and challenge he faces. But that is not my roll now. He is in God's hands now.
 
I know that a lot of people see these young missionaries as naive and the brunt of jokes and satires. But behind each one of these young men and women is a family who is aching to have them home, and praying that the world will treat them kindly. They are trying to serve others, to comfort and lift burdens of those they meet and hopefully bring a little joy and love into someone's life.

Any prayers and good thoughts for our boy will be appreciated.

WOW this missionary Mom stuff is a roller coaster. Jeffrey will be starting his new journey ... he flies out today to the Marshall Islands. I am full of all different emotions. I am bawling and smiling at the same time. "JOY AND SADNESS" have taken over my brain. I sure miss that boy! But I know he is ready for this journey and going to be Awesome.I love my missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment