Friday, October 2, 2015

Week 3 of the MTC


Dad,

    (From my letter to Jeff)Fridays have become our family's favorite day now.  Everyone anxiously awaits your newest batch of letters.  They are such a blessing to us when we receive them, it lifts everyone's mood.

I love p-days! mostly because I get to Email the family! Plus it's super chill at the MTC.  I sent you the picture/drawing today in the mail it took me literally five minutes to draw!
 
    Mom and I are going to make a weekly trip to the place in Provo that delivers packages same day while you are in the MTC, so let us know if there is anything you are craving while you are in there.

I already told mom what I needed/wanted so any treats would be nice *hint hint nudge nudge*  oh and I forgot to tell you but my scripture marker is cracking, they have them here for a few dollars cheaper.  

    I have been spreading the word about the dearelder.com website.  Hopefully you will be seeing letters come in from other people.

Sweet! yeah I've been getting a lot of them as well as hand-written letters.

    Vegard is fitting in more and more at school.  He changed one of his classes and got stuck in Child Development.  He is the only guy in class and the first day they had to watch babies being born on video.  Poor kid!

That's horrible!! XP Poor Vegard!

I have been praying to ask if I have been doing what I need to do to be a successful missionary and today Elder Osborne was the mouth piece for a blessing for my shin splints and the first thing that was said is that I was doing exactly what I needed to and I was following the spirit.  He had no i

dea I was praying about that, it was definitely an answer to my prayers.

It has been hard, but I'm getting it more and more every day!  I have been praying for the gift of tongues, and I see it working.  Your letter really helped me this week, it came on a day that I was really getting frustrated with the Language and the people in my district, It helped me to realize that I couldn't let contention into my life or I can't have the spirit, therefore, no gift of tongues.  

I love you dad, 

Love your son

Elder Johnson.


Dear Tinau, (My mom.)

(Personal stuff edited out)

The language is coming along really well, we teach someone almost everyday in Kiribati and I am starting to understand it all! I have been praying like Elder Ellis has told me for the gift of tongues and it definitely works!
I read something in the true to the faith that said something along the lines of ALL members of the church have the responsibility to do missionary work, not just the full time missionaries!

You never know who is watching, but the Lord is always watching, so we need to strive to always do our best!

I love you mom!!

Love your son Elder Johnson.

(Letter to whole family)

I love you all!!!! Remember who you are, and whenever you are faced with a trial, don't think "why me??"  Think "what does the Lord want me to learn from this experience??"


I love you all so much, and I also love my Father in Heaven, and I know that he loves me right back!!

Love your Son, brother, and friend, 


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment