Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year from the Islands!

Elder Johnson and Elder Kaakau (Elder Kaakau is on his way to serve in New Mexico)
Dad,


Honestly New Years was harder for me than Christmas, just because I loved the games and the company we have every year and the crazy stories I have! But I tried to get lost in the work and it has worked.  It has always stuck in my mind what you said... whenever you feel homesick get lost in the work and everything will be alright.  I know that is 100% true because I've lived it!  I know that as we all get lost in the Lord's work we forget about ourselves and our problems!  

How much snow have you guys gotten this year??  I heard that sledding was pretty brutal!

I asked Elder Johnson to share experiences he has with the Book of Mormon each week so I can tell them to kids I teach in primary, since that is what we are studying this year.

I have two stories right now!  One is a family, where three of their four kids just got baptized, and it put a fire under them.  We just had their Book of Mormon lesson last week and asked them to read and the dad Umanata, he read to the middle of first Nephi! so amazing!! We taught them the Plan of Salvation yesterday and we just started to explain the three kingdoms and he went and explained it perfectly to his wife.  Also in church the topic in Elder's quorum was the priesthood and they asked who didn't have it who wanted it and he raised his hand and said I want it, but I am not baptized yet!  So amazing, we continued on to teach a little about the temple and told them that they were going to go as a family!  Amazing!

Another experience was with a guy named Taunebure,  we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon during our Book of Mormon lesson, and was teaching it to his family and he started reading it on the spot!!!! soooo awesome!  We gave it to him about 2 weeks ago and he is almost done with second Nephi!  The Book of Mormon is a powerful thing, because it comes directly from the power of God! 

Anyway I have to go, I am on the Senior couple's computer because the internet cafe was down and I have a couple more people to write.  

I love you dad!!

Love your son,
Elder Johnson 

Elder Johnson and Elder Kennedy- Killing Wasps
(There always seems to be some sort of creepy crawly thing trying to get these missionaries!)



Mom!

As of right now, I'm feeling okay, my stomach hurts still every once and a while, (because there is a lot of under cooked chicken) But I am holding up a lot better than I thought I would!  I have had a few bad headaches and have thrown up once, but I kept working! ha-ha Swim has taught me to push through the pain pretty well!! ha-ha I will definitely be able to eat anything when I get home!

I haven't eaten dog yet, but I am interested to try.  I hear it is really good! ha-ha, so we will see! XD Sounds like you guys are enjoying just as much weird food as I am! ha-ha Tell me what more weird food you guys eat!

Thanks for ordering all of that stuff for me!  That will help out so much!  I did do something, you know my shoulder bag,  the Elder that is waiting for his time to enter the MTC, didn't have one, and he is working in New Mexico, so I gave him mine.  He was really grateful!  He loved it so much!  He leaves this Monday! He is super excited!

I am also glad that I had extra shirts because there are a lot of people who don't have them who need them so they can go to church, I have given out a few already!

I found out I am getting both a new area and a new companion.  The new area is now just becoming it's own area, it used to be the west zone leader's area. I am still on Tarawa, just on the opposite side.  My new area is called Ambo and my new companion is Elder Carrington.  I am super pumped!  The cool thing is now is the time when everyone is traveling and visiting family.  I have met three different people who actually live in Ambo!  It is so cool what the Lord will do if we just listen and watch!

Those goals sound amazing!!! One thing that I have learned about setting goals is to make sure they are S.M.A.R.T  Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time specific.  I challenge you guys to get a preach my gospel, read the section setting goals and try to follow it, I know that when I followed those steps I have seen amazing results!  I know that if you put your mind to it you will be able to do amazing things. 

That is so amazing that you are still reading, I know of the all the blessings that you can receive from continually reading and praying!  I finally finished for the first time, and I had an amazing experience when I prayed about it.  I prayed and as soon as I asked if the book was true, the spirit overwhelmed me and was so strong.  I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that the Book of Mormon is the true word of God. 

I love you so much!  It is amazing how the Lord can also put us in the situations to help.  I know that as you continue to do what is right the Lord will continue to give you situations where  you can help other people! 

I don't have a ton of time, the internet was down at the internet café so I am using the senior couples computer, I just needed to say happy birthday to Ana and send quick emails to you guys!

I love you so much!
Love your son,
Elder Johnson 

Additional Pictures from Christmas Celebrations from Last Week



No comments:

Post a Comment