Monday, February 8, 2016

Broken Promises, but... Building Faith



Elders Carrington, Hilliard, Kennedy and Johnson



WWII Bullet Found on the Beach




Dear Everyone!

This last week was amazing!  I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single day where it didn't rain or was cloudy, but it was super nice because it wasn't so blasted hot! haha

I have had a lot of amazing spiritual experiences this last week.  One being with my companion.  The other day, he expressed to me that he was having doubts on if he has been an effective missionary. I started by telling him of all of the amazingly prepared people we are finding in the midst of those who are rejecting us through excuses and lies.  Then I reminded him that an effective missionary isn't one who gets good numbers, but is one who calls others to repentance and helps people make and keep commitments in preparation for more sacred covenants such as baptism, and the temple.  I then bore my testimony about how things suck at times, but for those who are faithful and listen/follow Christ, his commandments, and his example blessings do come.  I then shared a talk that has really helped me, An High Priest of Good Things to Come by Jeffrey R. Holland.  In it, it talks about how blessings come no matter what, some come now, some come later, and some not until heaven, but for those who are faithful they do come.  I suggest to all to read this talk.  The spirit was so strong that I cried.

Our investigators and lessons are doing really well, and we continues to find amazingly prepared people.

There have been a couple of times where we had to walk home after dinner, which is pretty far, and I have had 3 times where I have prayed to get a car so we could get home on time.  Two of the times within a minute of me closing my prayer a car showed up.  Yesterday was my other time, I didn't want to pay for a bus so I prayed for a truck that we didn't have to pay, and a car showed up.  It is my testimony God hears and answers prayers, and if you don't believe it, put it to the test.

I love you all,
Love your friend, grandson, brother, son and Servant of the Lord
Elder Johnson


Mom,
Dang that package was super fast!!! hahaha I'm glad that you guys like the stuff I sent, and tell Josh he better wear that tie, they are super hard to find and I haven't found one for me yet!! hahah

This week was pretty rough a couple times... I have gained a ton of weight and I hate it, I'm starting to see it in my face and stuff.... I just miss being able to exercise more than thirty minutes, and nothing here is healthy so it's been really rough.  We've had an amazing week with our investigators, we found this couple and we teach them in their little store. Their names are Matthew and Nardia.  Every time we teach them I feel the spirit really strong!  My favorite was our restoration lesson, I finally memorized the first vision, and when I said it the spirit testified of what I was saying.  Just yesterday we had a lesson with them and when we asked them if they prayed they said yes and they said they felt an answer!!! I am so excited for them!

Still living with the zone leaders, we find out transfers next week, but you start to hear some rumors living with them since they know all that's going on, so I think I have a pretty good idea where I am going! haha  but technically I am not supposed to know so.... shhhh hahah

We were just messing around with the dance but I think we might get to do it today!! hahah XD

Mom, I love you and what you said helped me so much as it always does, I love you sooooo much!

Love your son,
Elder Johnson






DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy freaking birthday you old man!!! you better not be shoveling snow too much or you might break your back for real!!! hahahah

I'm glad that you guys got your stuff and you all enjoyed the pictures and the stuff I sent you all.  I'm also glad that your big project went well, I have been praying for you to have a successful time.  I love you so much dad!

Yes I have heard about transfers... but technically I'm not supposed to.  But living with the zone leaders they say/discuss things and you start to put things together so I have an idea were I am going but I can't say anything yet because it hasn't been announced officially! haha

 We've had an amazing week with our investigators, we found this couple and we teach them in their little store. Their names are Matthew and Nardia, and every time we teach them I feel the spirit
really strong!  My favorite was our Restoration lesson, I finally memorized the first vision, and when I said it the spirit testified of what I was saying.  Just yesterday we had a lesson with them and when we asked them if they prayed they said yes and they said they felt an answer!!! I am so excited for them! will You pray for Taake and Bobo and Mauri.  Taake has word of wisdom problems and is trying to stop smoking and Bobo and Mauri have Marriage complications... so if you wouldn't mind praying for them!

Funniest is probably dinner the other night, I spent the entire night sneaking food on Elder Carrington's plate, and if there is food on your plate you have to eat it!  hahah!  I just kept loading it on there! He even asked for a refill and he told me stop when it got half way but I kept pouring! hahahXD

I love you dad!
Love your son,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment