Monday, February 15, 2016

Upcoming Transfers- Going to Christmas Island




 



MOM,
Haha no they don't celebrate Valentines here. They mostly celebrate 1st birthdays, 21st birthdays, Christmas, and that is about it! haha Long weekends are really nice, but we don't get any here, P-days are our "long weekend!"

So I'm not too worried now about the gaining weight, I started working out a little harder in the morning and have been putting on some muscle.  Let me tell you, pushups with a bag full of rocks and books does a lot in a short amount of time! 
So living with the Zone Leaders you hear things aaaaand they also have pictures of the transfer board which I may or may not have taken pictures of them...... hahahah, but I am leaving next Monday for Kiritimati... Christmas Island.  I get to stay overnight in a hotel in Fiji.  My new companion is Elder Darm and I get to see my MTC companion Elder Osborne, and Elder Berends!!!! I am so excited I have also been told that they go fishing on the Ocean every p-day!  I am sooo excited!!
(Amber sent Jeff a few quotes and scriptures from the youth theme on Press Forward with a Steadfastness in Christ from her calling in the Young Women's)
Lately I have read a lot about fear and faith and how they are completely opposite, so that is really cool how you shared that I really needed to hear that.  I really like the story of Peter walking on the water. It shows that as we focus on Christ we can do amazing things, but as soon as we lose focus that is when we will sink!  I love you so much mom!!
Love your son,
Elder Johnson


Dad,
So I told mom this but living with the zone Leaders you hear things aaaaand they also have pictures of the transfer board which I may or may not have taken pictures of them...... hahahah.  (The punk didn't send a picture of the board!)  but I am leaving next Monday for Kiritimati... Christmas Island, and I get to stay overnight in a hotel in Fiji.  My new companion is Darm and I get to see my MTC companion Osborne, and Elder Berends!!!! I am so excited I have also been told that they go fishing on the Ocean every p day I am sooo excited!!
(Jeff asked us to pray for some of his investigators.)
You know what those people have not once come to church even when the zone leaders taught them, but they came yesterday, and seemed really into it. Everyone was shocked that they came, that strengthens my testimony that this church is true!! I love you so much, thank you for doing that!

Yesterday, we were asked to pass the sacrament in our ward and when I stood up at the table and they showed the bread, I felt the spirit overwhelm me that partaking of the sacrament really does help us in this life.  I know that this church really does help us become clean enough to enter into the kingdom of God.
The funniest thing that happened this last week was there was this HUGE spider on the wall and Carrington has silly string so we sprayed the thing and it dropped and we freaked out like little girls and we caught it all on camera! hahahah
We just had a baptism last Saturday, her name is Ramaua, and she is so solid. She is already asking about the temple and getting her husband reactivated so they can have the priesthood in the home! amazing!!
Anyway that's all I have time for today, I'm going to get my drivers license printed!  (I put my occupation as Jedi Knight! XD) hahah I love you!

Love your son,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment