Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Letters Before the Call


Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy freaking MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

First off I want to thank you and let you know how much I appreciate you and all the things that you have done for me.  If it were not for your love, support, help, understanding and all other amazing characteristics that you have I would not be the person that I am today!!!



I know that you are sad that we won't get to talk, trust me I am too! BUT I also know that all things happen for a reason, this is a trial that is going to help us grow some way, and we may not understand how as of right now, but later down the road, we will look back and be grateful for this trial.  And at least that the connection is good enough that we can email!!!  (We were able to talk to Jeff after all!  They got the internet connection working and we had a great conversation with him!)

I want you to know that you are the absolute BEST mom a kid could ever ask for! No matter what, you have always been strong even through my ugly teenage years!! hahah  You are the ONLY person that I would ever want to be my mom. 

I love you with all of my heart! don't worry about me I am healthy I am happy and I am going to have the best week of my life! We have so many amazing things set up for this week! We have a baptism with I do dare say my golden investigator, I am going to eat shark for my birthday, and the YSA is putting a dinner together the day before my birthday so we can party! hahah

I thank God every day for such an amazing mom as you, and I want you to know that I appreciate all that you have ever done what you do now, and all those things that you will do.  Every time I think of that Mom talk given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, I think of you!

I love you, you are pretty darn close to the perfect mom,
Love your ever so grateful son,
Elder Johnson




Dad,
Let's just say this sucks, but there is a reason for it!!

Funniest thing that happened this week is probably yesterday, we got a fifteen year old member to come with us as a member present, who is also fifteen years old, and as we were all riding our bikes the kid Teangaua, kept egging us on and telling us that our bikes were slow, so Elder Hunter takes off and he is screaming, and he pulls ahead of this kid, but then his bike chain falls off!! hahah so funny!!

Bike ride to our area is literal buokonikai or forest for a straight 20 minutes, we don't pass any houses so how we do our studies is an hour of personal an hour of companion, an hour of language then an hour of lunch/ then we head to our area to work for the day. 

I love you dad,
Love your son,
Elder Johnson





Elder Osborne 
On Splits with Elder Osborne, Elder Johnson's first companion in the MTC.

Baby Coconut Crab



Mai (Breadfruit) Jeff loves this stuff!




WWE Kiribati Style

Tiim and Nakaroro

Tiim and Nakaroro


Some of the Awesome YSA











Elder Hunter eating octopus for the first time.




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jeff! Looks like you are being an awesome missionary! We are so happy for you. Love reading your blog sharing your mission with everyone. Love the pictures but I sure hope your kidding and your not really going to eat that bug. Keep up the the great work your doing. I know Heavenly Father is so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete