Monday, November 14, 2016

Working Hard in Eita

Missionaries from Jeff's MTC Intake on Tarawa

Dear Mom,
I am so glad to here that you had that experience with church, God really does know what is best for each and everyone of us.  I know that as we are in tune with the spirit we will be able to be guided to everything that we need to be doing in order to draw ourselves closer to our Father in Heaven. 
The more we listen to the spirit the more heavenly Father is willing to give us what we need.
Honestly applying for school is so stressful.... I hate it so much!!! I wish that I didn't have to focus on it.  It scares me that I am already at that point, time just does not slow down....
Well as for my journal entry I am going to write about the 8th:

"Today was great except for a few small issues along the way.  The start was great, we woke up , went on a great run, except my foot hurt really bad.... I don't know how it happened but I have a very painful lump on the side of my foot.... Anyway, back at the house I did a great push up set where I jut keep going until my muscles gave out on me, I miss that feeling.   After, I was so hungry, so I just ate and ate but was still hungry.  Then Elder Jackson explained that it was just my body that it was me being thirsty.... Well when I drank some water I was fine/ even over full so that's great.. 

Our first lesson was with Babakai (a guy)  and we got Tiito (a member that used to be from the same church as Babakai) come sit in to which I was a little nervous because the last member that they took tried to bible bash with our investigator!!!! So I was a little overwhelmed because of that plus Babakai is a very experienced missionary from his church and had a ton of questions, the main questions were about the godhead, then about Joseph Smith and I just going assuming that Elder Jackson had nothing to say or wasn't following because he kept asking what was going on.  I tried my best to follow the spirit which it was present, especially when telling about Joseph Smith.  Babakai wanted to know if anything happened to Joseph Smith after he saw God the Father and the Son, like Paul and other prophets... I know the answer was yes, but that would have distracted from the main message of what we were saying so I bore my testimony about Joseph Smith, and when I turned to Elder Jackson and asked if he had anything he said I could have at least 10 times but you didn't give me the time!  So that made the spirit leave I felt so horrible... I turned the time over to Tiito who bore an amazing Testimony about how he knows.  He had a dream where 2 Beings came down and he said when the saw them he was so scared.  One spoke to him and said Ko kakabwaiaki (you're blessed.) This was at a time where Tiito and his family were taking lessons from the missionaries.  Tiito was so perfect for our investigator.  

When we left I tried to apologize to Elder Jackson I told him that I didn't know how much he was catching to which he said "I caught all of it I could have said so much but you taught a great lesson. You did really well.... I humbled myself and apologized and he said "Don't humble yourself." Eventually things went back to normal.. He explained how I always say I don't know when he know the answer, I had to explain how we can't give them too much or answer every question or  they wouldn't remember the real reason we were there.  The rest of the day went great three of the potentials that Elder Jackson and I contacted led us to the same house as the the other 2 Elders at the exact time... the cool thing about that was the family was less-active and the mom can't walk, and they had been praying for us to come there!!! The Lord provided with several opportunities for us to be there.  We then tried Tanterawa, Teretia's brother who wasn't home, but we taught her less active sister. Later in the day we get a text saying that her brother came back and wanted a lesson right then!! So cool!  It was so amazing Teretia bore her Testimony about prayer and how she has been praying for her family to accept the gospel and how happy she was to hear about her brother and he cried when he heard her say this!!!  It was too cool! Keaki today was really defensive when we taught him because we asked him to give up selling kouben( chew)but as the lesson went on the spirit touched his heart and he was accepting of our message.  After the lesson he gave us small shell fish and eel! So tasty . 

Dinner was with our investigator, which we had an amazing object lesson on faith, where I had my first aid kit said what it was, they didn't believe me since I didn't show them what was in it, then I showed it to 2 more and they testified making what I told them legit.  Over all an awesome day!!!
Mom I love you,
Love your son,
Elder Johnson


Dear Dad,
hahaha Oh man that is the funniest story that I heard all week!!!!!! hahaha I cannot believe you!!! But that's okay because anytime I see a dog and it takes after us I leave my companion.... No shame, I've been bit, I've seen my comp get bit.....I do NOT do dogs. 
That party sounds like it will be a blast! Hopefully he enjoys it. Who is he??
Just a hymn I thought of that might help with your work one of my favorites "Did you think to pray" I love that song it is such a beautiful reminder to pray and all things will work out.  This last week I have done a lot of study on prayer. And the one promise I love, Alma 37:37 If we pray every morning and every night we will be able to receive the kingdom of Heaven. 
Have you ever thought to ask the bishop to give you a calling.  Something interesting I read in the how to be an extarordinary missionary... Normal people sit around and wait, Extra ordinary people ask what they can do. It suggests going straight to the bishop and asking him what you can do!
The area is great!!!! and We just had a baptism last Saturday Reiwiia, she is so amazing, and very faithful, she has been coming to church every sunday for the last month or so!
Training is rough.... I am very self conscience, I don't know if I am helping at all and I just have a rough time because he makes me feel dumb sometimes and tries to tell me I am doing things wrong.  He is a great kid I love him, he is an amazingly hard worker, and super great at the language already, I just am overwhelmed... I just don't know what I am doing sometimes to be honest! hahah
We find out transfer stuff this wednesday, but I don't think anything will change with me! XD
Love you dad,
Love your son,
Elder Johnson

Disney Tie from Fiji Thrift Shop

Baptism Nei Reiwiia

Baptism Nei Reiwiia

Elder Hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment